Friday, April 10, 2009

There Are Dancers And There Are Workers

A few weeks back, a friend told me, "There are two kinds of people in this world ... dancers and workers ... you are a dancer." I don't think she was referring to my affinity towards booty-shaking, but rather, an approach to life.  One thing I do know, I don't have it all figured out and it okay! 

Sometimes, I take a trip down memory lane and cringe.  Wow, was I really that desperate, dumb, naive?  Yes, yes, and yes! But isn't that why life is interesting?  The ability to make a fool out of yourself and later realize, you actually DIDN'T die, is a great thing!  There was also this fear of looking stupid or awkward, but why?  Did anyone else really care? All that energy put forth towards appearing "mature," versus living to the fullest ... what did Shaw say, "youth is wasted on the young."  I might have to agree.  

So a while back, I decided to do three things.  I was going to love boldly, not let fear be the decision maker, and give people the benefit of the doubt.  As a result, I have been hurt, disappointed, and let down; but, I also have a richer life filled with wonderful people.  I'm still not sure what being a "dancer" means, but hopefully, I get to tango with the best of them.