Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekly Treats

We should commit to a weekly "treat" for ourselves. I'm not saying go overboard, but what can you do weekly to replenish and rejuvenate? I don't know what others enjoy, but my weaknesses are fresh flowers, candles, and massages. Seriously, at the cost of a latte or two, one can buy gorgeous roses at The Fresh Market. Cut them under lukewarm running water, I would say leaving a four inch stem, and just stack in a short vase. I sometimes use a pretty glass or maybe an old preserve jar. I'm also a big fan of monochromatic, it just adds more of a punch.

And candles are a must! I've been enjoying a line called Linnea's Lights. Speaking frankly, these are simply the best out there. My favorites are their Amber and Cashmere for the bedroom, Lyndan and Sweetgrass for common areas. The sense of smell is often neglected, but I believe associated with most memories. Why not create a sublime olfactory experience with a simple strike of a match?

My greatest indulgence is a two-hour massage. I absolutely love love love them! One cannot underestimate the power of the human touch. I didn't even know certain places needed help until the next day I am feeling 100% better. A local boutique spa is the way to go, better service all around. And I am huge fan of eucalyptus or lavender oil. It just take the experience up ten notches. Oooh, thinking about it now takes me to the most pleasant of memories.

Please don't wait around for birthdays, special occasions, or someone else to do it. One of the best gift to others is to be the best you!