Monday, March 23, 2009

Running Away



















I have traveled to five different cities in the last month and a half. Some trips to see friends, some to see family, some to just be alone. The common denominator is I'm running ... away. I don't know what I'm running from, just that I keep running. And no matter where or how far I go, I experience the awful combination of restlessness and drudgery.

I know it sounds absolutely moronic, but what happens when you have it all, yet experience utter discontentment? Again, my attempt to place thoughts and feelings into a sentence falls short. Hmm, I liken it to a child masterfully crafting a tower out of blocks and then getting the sudden urge to knock it all down. Is that completely wasteful?

I like this photo of me. A dear friend took it while I was on one of my trips. I like it because I look pensive, yet vacant. It really does capture my life for the last 6 months.