Friday, March 27, 2009

Twists and Turns Part 2

Change is hard for everyone ... I certainly don't embrace it, being a creature of habit.  But it is part and parcel to life.  What used to make me laugh, now makes me cringe.  What used to be so important, now is trivial.  I used to love love love the idea of being "in love," now I think it's really just the Devil's way of screwing with you.  On the other hand, I love discovering what once was off-putting, is now embraceable.  Kinda like spicy food.  I mean, who really liked the initial sensation of burning tongue?  But over time, the pain becomes part of the pleasure ... weird.  

So, I am forced to accept fluctuations in relationships.  That's hard to digest.  I know I'm not to regret anything in life, since it's all about learning and growing, but I do.  I deeply wish I could take back every hurtful word, action towards another person, including myself (really, the crap we tell ourselves is pretty debilitating).  

Alright, gonna have to continue this later.